High-quality stereo audio distribution at low cost
The SalixTM receiver is implemented on a standard single transceiver chip of a type sold in hundreds of millions, giving a receiver bill-of-materials cost (battery included) of well under $15.
This is suitable for wireless hearing assist, programme audio description, simultaneous translation and other audio distribution.
Robust radio system manages its own spectrum in licence-free band
- Dedicated radio spectrum allocation in more than 100 countries.
- Powerful automatic spectrum management allows separate systems to co-exist, and to make an automatic glitch-free move if interference is encountered.
- Consistent low latency from input to output.
- A single small transmitter, installed anywhere, provides coverage of an entire auditorium – line of sight is not needed.
- The design uses the mature DECT local-area wireless transmission technology.
Ready-to-use reference design for audio distribution
The Salix™ design comprises a transmitter board for one or two stereo channels, and a small self-contained receiver board with a built-in rechargeable battery.
This tested and proven reference design has already been licensed by cinema equipment supplier Doremi Labs, for hearing-assistance systems.
Related Press Releases
UK: +44 (0)1223 420024
US: +1 617 532 4700
SG: +65 6827 5675