The expertise and facilities to deliver a proven, optimised solution, designed for cost-effective manufacture
As a core discipline to any product design, Cambridge Consultants has a team of over 40 mechanical engineers within our offices in the UK and the US.
By co-locating mechanical engineers with the other relevant disciplines - from industrial designers and electronics engineers through to new product introduction specialists - we enable seamless communications throughout the development cycle. We believe that this collaborative working, including direct communication with your own team, provides cost and time benefits through delivering an optimised solution with a reduced risk of iteration at the manufacturing stage.
Our mechanical engineers bring considerable industry experience to bear so that we can resource a team of engineers with a track record of success in the relevant market sector; whether that’s a medical product developed to ISO 13485 regulations, a retail beverage dispenser that self-cleans to FDA hygiene requirements, or a sensing product for the oil industry developed to meet ATEX standards.
Our world-class in-house expertise includes:
- 3D mechanical design, with dedicated in-house support for SolidWorks and Pro/ENGINEER, and the introduction of Windchill for enhanced CAD data management
- Computer aided engineering, including CFD (Fluent) and linear and non-linear FEA
- Simulation and modelling, with Matlab, Simulink and d-Space
- Design optimisation, including SimaPro life-cycle assessment, Moldflow and Boothroyd & Dewhurst DFMA cost modelling
- Prototyping – model making, 3D printing, laser cutting and CNC machining centres in order to demonstrate progress with real parts – critical in generating early and continued stakeholder engagement
- Dedicated test facilities, including 3 Type II life sciences laboratories, and a beverage and dispense lab