Cambridge Consultants will be speaking and exhibiting virtually at DDL 2020.
The Drug Delivery to the Lungs (DDL) conference is the premier conference and industry exhibition dedicated to pulmonary and nasal drug delivery. The focus is on providing a forum to present recent developments in the field of inhalation therapy through podium and poster presentations. The three-day conference consists of a programme of lectures covering five session themes.
Join the event
The path to a sustainable future for inhalation products
Date | 9 December 2020
Speaker | Dan Cowen, Senior Consultant, Medical Technology, Cambridge Consultants
Whilst propellants in metered dose inhalers represent the largest contributor to climate change in the inhalation product category, many other aspects of these devices also cause harm not only to the climate, but also the wider environment. Sustainability is increasingly important to patients and healthcare providers and is a significant driver of product choices. This talk describes routes to achieving improved sustainability across the full product life cycle of respiratory drug delivery products, whilst maintaining the safety and efficacy at their core.
- A roadmap is needed to drive improved inhaler sustainability [opinion]
- Designing a sustainable patient experience [opinion]
- It’s the radical innovators who will unlock a sustainable future for medical devices [opinion]
- Generic inhalers: beyond reverse engineering [whitepaper]
- Connected drug delivery devices: the reality of design and development [whitepaper]