The World Agri-Tech Innovation Summit takes place each year in London and San Francisco. It is acclaimed as the most international gathering of agribusiness leaders, VC investors and agri-tech innovators, with incisive debate, fresh insights and high-value networking.
Key themes for the 2019 summit:
- Creating business models with global impact
- Changing diets: opportunities for new crops, services and solutions
- Intelligent, targeted crop protection and soil health
- Breakthrough discoveries in biologicals, novel chemistry and gene editing
- Digitisation of the supply chain and transformation of the agri-food system
- Scaling robotics and automation from pilot to mainstream
- The power of co-operatives: putting innovation into practice
- Building a business foundation for carbon negative agriculture
Meet our team at the event to understand more about how, we work with agri clients to improve yields, reduce costs and progress harvesting efficiencies. With advanced capabilities in AI, robotics, sensor development, fluid mechanics and wireless communications, we help companies to improve their precision agriculture product lines by moving to row-by-row and individual plant treatment technologies.
Our stand will also include two of our latest breakthrough technology demos:
- Calcutta is an example of how AI on the edge can tackle crop health and yield monitoring tasks. It allows fruit to be counted accurately from an autonomous machine, so that the grower can plan both the best time to harvest and the labour required to maximise profit. It shows how low-power, low-cost machine learning platforms can now take on tasks which couldn't be done fast or cheaply enough with computers before. It's a natural partner to our autonomous robot, Mamut.
- Mamut is an autonomous robot that explores crop fields, capturing data on health and yield at the level of individual plants and on a massive scale. By automating data capture, Mamut “gives growers regular, precise and actionable information on their crops, enabling them to predict and optimise yields”
Panel discussion - Deep dive: Automation in the next-gen food production
Date | 15 October 2019
Time | 11:45
Speaker | Niall Mottram, Head of Industrial and Energy, Cambridge Consultants
Niall Mottram will join leaders from across the agriculture industry to discuss:
- Robots and automation backed by AI, ML and big data are set to revolutionise the way we produce and harvest food.
- How quickly are these technologies coming to agriculture?
- How will these new systems plug into the supply chain now and in the future?
- What technology partners and investment are needed to make the leap forwards and accelerate development?
- From precision spraying, mechanical weeding and harvesting to indoor food production, we will hear four perspectives on next generation food systems.
Going to World Agri-Tech Innovation Summit?