Share this post
The 12th American Drug Delivery & Formulation Summit is the leading event to look at innovative solutions and the greatest challenges in pharmaceutical development today.
Going to the summit?
The event will highlight pharmaceutical development challenges from bio performance prediction through data analytics, biologics and new technologies in device developments.
Cambridge Consultants Harshal Shah, head of oncology innovations for global medical technology, will explore the new landscape shaped by creative drug delivery solutions and share how businesses can take advantage of the emerging new technologies.
Design and development challenges in direct–to–organ drug delivery platforms.
- Many new therapies require administration directly to organs, tissues or even tumors.
- Selection of the delivery method and device technology will depend on accessibility of target site, surrounding anatomy, drug volume, formulation characteristics and frequency of administration.
- The options to consider are: miniature active implants, purpose built delivery systems with embedded visualization and navigation technologies or drug handling and delivery tools designed to be compatible with existing surgical robotic systems.
Time | 2:20pm to 2:50pm
Track | Device Development
Speaker | Harshal Shah, Head of Oncology Innovations, Cambridge Consultants
Speaker Bio | Harshal is part of our global medical division based out of Boston, with more than a decade of experience in medical device development, product life cycle strategy, and innovation management. He has significant expertise in oncology patient journey, economics of cancer care and innovations in oncology. He has a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering degree from Nirma Institute of Technology in India, an MBA from Syracuse University, New York, and he recently completed a post graduate program in cancer biology and therapeutics development from Harvard Medical School.
- Drug delivery to the eye: overcoming the challenges of intravitreal prefilled syringes [Insights]
- Our four iF DESIGN AWARDS put us in the top three nationally [Insights]