Commercial UAV Expo Americas brings together industry experts from across end-user companies, service providers and regulators to discuss the latest ideas, trends, observations and predictions for the future of commercial UAS technology.
Going to the Expo?
Getting BVLOS UAS off the ground – a technology guide
Date | Thursday September 9, 2021
Time | 10:45-12:00 PDT
Location | Energy & Utilities: Power & Pipeline Inspection track
Speakers | Christopher Bourbeau, Vice President, North America Aerospace, Cambridge Consultants
In this talk, Chris will unveil the breakthrough technology that is enabling safe BVLOS UAV operations today and which will play a major role in accelerating wide-scale adoption in the years ahead. Chris will pull upon the insights from Cambridge Consultants’ team of 900+ world-class scientists and engineers, together with learnings from developing technology for some of the world’s most ambitious aerospace projects.
These projects include helping Flylogix extend their BVLOS UAV service for remote oil and gas operators, supporting Iridium as core technology partner for its recent satellite upgrade - a $3 billion dollar project and the largest technology upgrade ever to take place in space, and developing an airborne antenna to beam 5G from a high-altitude platform operating within the stratosphere. This will be essential viewing for anyone developing transformative business strategies that exploit the business potential of UAVs, together with those that are developing the next generation of advanced UAV technology.
Delegates will learn:
- The market opportunity of BVLOS UAS
- Key technical requirements needed for safe BVLOS operations, including how to achieve long range flights over many hundreds of miles
- Emerging technology that is helping UAV manufacturers and operators overcome these challenges. From AI that enhances situational awareness and automation, to holographic radar that digitizes airspace for advanced UTM. From more resilient and reliable communications systems, to lower power transceivers for extended flight times
- How to achieve centralized control and the operational benefits
- Lessons learnt from adopting these innovations in real-world BVLOS projects
- Practical advice and winning strategies for anyone looking to achieve BVLOS in future
- The world’s largest commercial airborne antenna [case study]
- Flylogix and Cambridge Consultants to send drones beyond the horizon [press release]
- Aerospace [market]