The Rethinking Materials summit presents new opportunities for partnerships and investment in the changing landscape of plastics, bio-based alternatives, and circular solutions.
Meet us at the event
With an emphasis on packaging and performance materials, this year’s event provides pivotal insights into the challenges facing C Suite and Director-level stakeholders in tackling plastic waste both upstream and downstream; the viability of new technologies and ‘next generation’ materials; routes to scaling up; and cross-sector applications in packaging, food-service, personal care, fashion and more.
Join us live online on May 20, 2021 as James Hallinan, our head of business development in bioinnovation, chairs the panel discussion below:
Opening Plenary // Scaling Up: Identifying Early Adopters and New Routes to Market
- How do new materials scale in the current market? If production requires funding for development and scale up, which organisations will share risk and put skin in the game?
- How is supply chain looked at in the early stages of new material development? What is its impact on launching a new product, getting it to the consumer, and producing to scale?
- What unlikely partnerships have we seen that are scaling new sustainable materials?
- What is the role of Universities and research institutions in growing this market? How are new innovations and IP being managed?
- How are niche use cases of new materials helping to bridge the gap from small order volume to orders at scale? How can niche applications illustrate the value proposition of new materials? What is the role of investment or partnerships to accelerate this phase of growth?
Date | May 20, 2021
Time | 10:20 EST, 15:20 GMT
Session Chair | James Hallinan, Head of Business Development – Bioinnovation, Cambridge Consultants, UK
Speakers | Jun Axup, Chief Science Officer & Partner, INDIEBIO, USA | Fanya Ismail, CEO, SGMA, UK | Will Patrick, Co-Founder and CEO, CULTURE BIOSCIENCES, USA | Darren Ragheb, Strategic Programmes Manager, CPI, UK