5G is a game-changer in mobile broadband services – and not only in terms of data speeds and low latencies. 5G will be the first architecture to combine terrestrial networks and non-terrestrial platforms (NTNs) such as HAPs and LEO satellite constellations – into a hybrid network, providing truly ubiquitous mobile broadband and exciting new revenue opportunities across the ecosystem.
The secret is in innovative, intelligent antenna solutions – including key breakthroughs such as lighter and more scalable digitally phased array antennas – that are essential to ensuring that NTNs are not only economically viable, but also able to integrate seamlessly into terrestrial 5G networks.
In this webinar, you will gain valuable insights into:
- The components of the coming hybrid terrestrial/NTN 5G infrastructure
- New revenue and service opportunities this hybrid architecture will enable
- The current state of NTNs and the technical challenges still to be overcome
- How advanced intelligent antennas will serve as the fundamental breakthrough to overcome those challenges
- Future strategies for all players in the mobile broadband ecosystem to take full advantage of hybrid 5G architectures
- Dr Derek Long, Head of Telecoms and Mobile, Cambridge Consultants
- John Tanner, Guest Editor, GSMA