Deepfakes and society: Can tech save us?
AI is becoming exceptional at creating fake content, such that it is now becoming increasingly difficult for humans to spot the fakes, with worrying consequences. This session explores the impact of Deepfakes on society, how we can protect ourselves, and how the latest technologies are being used to fight back against Deepfakes.
Event: MWC Barcelona 2021
- Tim Winchcomb, Head of Technology Strategy, Cambridge Consultants (moderator)
- Nina Schick, Author and Advisor, Tamang Ventures
- Fred Langford, Programme Director for Online Technology, Ofcom
- Rob Meadows, President and Chief Technology Officer, The AI Foundation
- Cristian Canton, Senior Engineer Manager, Head of Facebook's AI Red Team, Facebook AI
- Ashish Jaiman, Director Tech & Ops, Customer Security and Trust, Microsoft